What is App Friday?
App Friday is a weekly promotion to highlight educational apps published each week on our home page. Visit us on Fridays to find out what’s featured. There are tons of ways to participate…read below:
To be “featured” on a specific App Friday…
Every Friday, we publish a grid of apps at free or compelling prices. We are looking for developers with family-friendly or educational content. Here are some guidelines for the program:
- Family-friendly app (good quality, no third-party advertising)
- It’s been at least thirty days since your app’s last #appfriday
- Participation in App Friday requires your app to undergo a price change in iTunes Connect specifically for your App Friday date. You can set your regular priced app to FREE or at least 50% off. If your app is “Free” and it includes iAPs, iAPs must be discounted to $0.99. The price change must be scheduled in advance in iTunes Connect for your app to be listed for the promotion.
- No “Lite” versions or consumable iAPs.
- You can and will participate actively in promoting #appfriday through your networks
To Submit a Request for Featuring Your App
You first have to register as a developer by CLICKING HERE and then submit your app through your dashboard. The information requested is for program purposes only, and not for third party use. If you have any problems registering or submitting your app, please let us know. Remember to mark the date you requested on your calendar. You’ll receive an email the Monday before with details.
Weekly Facebook Promotion
Every Friday, the App Friday Facebook Page is a place where app developers and app enthusiasts connect to promote their apps. The page is open to the public, so anyone can join. If you are a developer looking for a way to promote your app, We suggest starting by getting involved on the App Friday Facebook Page. Several app reviewers show up during the download parties, so it’s a good way to get “picked up” via social media marketing.
Friday Promo Code Contests
Every Friday, App Friday will be featuring app giveaways. The tool we use was developed by ReviewForDev (an awesome app review service every developer should know about), and we feature the giveaways throughout social media. To participate, go to ReviewForDev and select “Create Your Contest” (requires registration on ReviewForDev). For any questions, please contact jeoud [at] reviewfordev.com.
Every Friday, the #appfriday hashtag on twitter is bustling with activity. Join the conversation by tweeting about your own app, or by retweeting the blog post. Chances are, you’ll pick up new followers, while getting the name out about your app.
Contact us at info [at] appfridayparty.com. Thanks!